If you are a marketer, chances are high that you already know what is video marketing, and how it has impacted companies all over the market. Video marketing has become inevitable and capturing the full attention of targeted audiences.
Marketing since its inception is considered as ads in newspapers, radio, TV, personal brochures, etc. TV advertisements are an older version of video marketing. It is not rocket science to figure out that video marketing is turning into a trend and every business is keen on adapting to it. Regardless of the size of the business, video marketing is one of the convincing techniques that will assist you in making your business succeed.
Video marketing is strong competition for other types of marketing and promotions. Gone are the days when paper advertisements were a thing, and companies expected the audience would buy their products because of their brochures and newspapers ads. These kinds of marketing methods still do exist, yet there is a very low success and conversion rate.
Nowadays, people prefer more video content that is easy to access and entertaining. They prefer visual creativity to words. Therefore, video marketing not only helps businesses grow and promote their products and services but also helps in converting anonymous traffic into potential leads for the business. Once the company decides on its target audience, the further tasks are much easier, like selling the actual product or service with the help of personalization.
Why businesses should pay more attention to Video Marketing:
There are some mind-boggling numbers that you cannot ignore when it comes to video marketing. The situation has come down to the fact that if a company is not using video marketing as a marketing technique, it is considered old-fashioned and lacks quality products and services.
Let’s have a look at some interesting facts and statistics about video marketing techniques:
- According to a marketing report, back In 2020, 96% of consumers increased their digital video consumption, and 90% of the viewers claimed that they wanted to see more videos from their favourite brands and businesses.
- According to the same report, in the year 2022, an average person is estimated to spend more or less 100 minutes per day watching online videos.
- According to a report by Insivia, it is said that viewers have a 95% chance to retain the product or service messages when they watch a brand’s video. However, it is only 10% when the viewers read the advertisement.
- To shed some light on the customer’s view on Video marketing, almost 96% of people have watched explainer videos to know how a product or software works and to learn more about them. Around 90% of people affirm that they make a buying decision after watching a brand’s video online, and 78% of people were convinced to buy a software or an app.
When you read all these staggering numbers, you might get curious about how the exact process flows and how the businesses attain this kind of incredible success in video marketing.
How video marketing helps the business, exactly?
video marketing helps businesses grow their audience scale, but what exactly it does is the question. What all steps and customer requirements are to be taken into consideration. Below are the key points that help businesses grow better with video marketing:
- Ranks higher in Google Search: Google is the largest search engine online, making and uploading videos help businesses get better search results on Google. Adding your brand videos on the website increases the chances of it being seen on Google results. Google shows keyword-related videos from YouTube too. Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn videos are also included in the particular search results. This enhances the reach of the targeted audience and makes the brands more visible.
- Increase understanding of the product: In video marketing, everything about the product should be included in a nutshell in a video. Right from its objectives, uses, and advantages, the audience should be compelled by the video and be interested in knowing the product more closely. Complex products can be a setback for this marketing method, yet explainer videos can be uploaded to make the audience understand the entire process and make them comfortable with the product usage.
- Personal and creative touch: Videos should be designed in a way where every individual should feel the impact and understand the message behind the video. Personalization is the best method to attract people’s attention and lure them into buying your product. Making a unique connection by understanding their difficulty can help businesses reach more people and households. Watching a video provides more emotional stimulation than just reading about the product. Videos have several connections establishing methods like creative images, audio, animation, etc.
- Shorter videos have more attention span: Short videos promote the idea of fewer words, more meaning. Moreover, less attention span is required, and users can move on with other videos or chores afterwards. Ideas for short videos should be well articulated and eloquent. Using the pre-made templates for short videos available in a video maker helps with achieving the best results. The message should be heartwarming without much dialogue and words. Short videos can be addictive to users as lots of information can be attained in less time.
- More visibility on social media: Adopting different social media platforms helps get more visibility and reach. Businesses can try to cover all relevant platforms and regularly post their videos. This way, businesses offer the users a suitable medium and chance to watch according to their flexibility.
- Track buying patterns and consumer behaviour: With the help of marketing analysis and metrics, it has now become easier to know what works and what doesn’t. There are video marketing analyses where businesses can know the exact number of times the videos are played, watched till a certain period, shares, likes, comments, and skipped or ignored. All these analyses indicate which type of videos should be posted and which types of videos are avoided for customers’ sake.
Video marketing is one of the best and most cost-effective methods to promote brands and businesses online. It shows better engagement with the audience and has climbed up its way to elevate the business growth.