One of the most effective ways to increase the success of your car dealership marketing is with call tracking.
In this article, you’ll learn what call tracking software is, how it works, and why it’s an essential tool for your car dealership.
What is call tracking?
Call tracking is an advanced tool that can track every phone call within your business, including both incoming and outgoing calls.
As well as providing important data on each of these calls, it will also offer a range of extensive insights and reports on customer engagement across your marketing activity.
With the right call tracking software, you’ll have everything you need to gain a complete picture of engagement for your dealership. You can also use this foundation to develop new strategies for increasing leads and sales.
How does call tracking work?
The software will give you a range of vital data for each of your customer calls. This includes things such as:
- the abandonment rate of calls
- caller area codes
- caller phone numbers
- the ring duration
Call tracking can give you access to a variety of essential metrics, including, but not limited to:
- Your website visits from every marketing source – This will show you all the visits to your website, and all the different marketing sources that led the customers to this point.
- Calls generated from different activities – This will reveal the different marketing activities that led to a call, such as your pay-per-click ads or emails, for example.
- Marketing activities which deliver inbound enquiries – You’ll also be able to see all the inbound enquiries from customers, and track exactly which activities they engaged with beforehand.
- Important keywords mentioned in a call – The software will allow you to set a range of relevant keywords to review if mentioned in a call.
Thanks to the intelligent technology behind call tracking software, you’ll have the highest chance of success when it comes to improving your car dealership’s marketing efforts.
Why call tracking is essential for your car dealership?
Call tracking is one of the most important tools to incorporate into your business for a variety of reasons:
- Tracking your most valuable leads
Using the insights and reports from your software, you’ll be able to create customer journey maps.
These will involve every touchpoint a customer visits before, during, and after they call – as well as the journeys of those who don’t call.
This can help you track your most valuable leads, since you can determine the interactions of customers who are likely to make a purchase. Then, you can follow their journeys, to see which marketing sources they came from.
By doing this, you’ll know which sources are best for producing high quality leads for your dealership, and can act accordingly.
- Improving your marketing budget
You can also use call tracking to enhance your marketing budget.
By seeing the journeys of each customer, you’ll be able to evaluate which of your activities are producing the highest number of leads and sales, and which are delivering the lowest.
As a result, you can direct more of your marketing budget towards developing the more successful areas.
On top of this, you can invest in creating new marketing activities which have the same elements, so they’re equally as engaging for customers.
Simultaneously, you can remove your budget from any areas which are underperforming.
This will leave you with a budget split which gives you a greater return on investment for your car dealership.
With the right call tracking software, there’s no limit to the improvements you can make to your dealership’s marketing.