Ten BBC presenters will be in Bradford next week as part of We Are Bradford, a week of stories from and about the city on the BBC.
Harry Gration and Sabbiyah Pervez from BBC Look North, who are both from Bradford, and their colleague Paul Hudson who is from Keighley, will be joined by a host of other BBC presenters including Nina Warhurst from BBC Breakfast, Ricky Boleto from CBBC’s Newsround, and Qasa Alom from the BBC Asian Network.
We Are Bradford week runs from 11-15 March and will also include an exhibition in The Broadway Shopping Centre, which will be open from 11am until 6pm every day.
The exhibition will give people the chance to get hands on with future technology in the BBC Blue Room and to present the weather forecast. In addition, there will be the opportunity to chat to members of BBC Three’s casting team and to meet young BBC Apprentices to find out a bit more about working for the BBC.
There will also be photo opportunities and the chance to meet various BBC presenters in the shopping centre. Presenters will be available between 12pm-2pm on the following days:
- Monday 11 March: Paul Hudson, weather presenter on BBC Look North
- Tuesday 12 March: Harry Gration, BBC Look North presenter
- Wednesday 13 March: Amy Garcia, BBC Look North presenter
- Thursday 14 March: Owain Wyn Evans, weather presenter on BBC Look North
- Friday 15 March: Keeley Donovan, presenter on BBC Look North, Inside Out and Countryfile Diaries; Ricky Boleto from CBBC’s Newsround
There will also be opportunities to meet BBC’s media and arts correspondent David Sillito throughout the week.
Look North’s evening programme will broadcast live from The Broadway on 11 March from 6.30pm, presented by Harry Gration and Keeley Donovan. The programme also be live in Bradford all week at different locations each night.
Other live broadcasts from The Broadway Shopping Centre on Monday include:
- BBC Presenter Nina Warhurst will present live inserts into BBC Breakfast between 6am and 9am.
- BBC media and arts correspondent David Sillito will report through the morning for the BBC News Channel and for BBC News At One.
- There will be live inserts into Radio 4’s Today programme and the breakfast programme on BBC Radio 5 Live.
- Gayle Lofthouse will present Radio Leeds’s Drivetime from 3pm to 6pm.
Later in the week, BBC Asian Network will bring their Big Debate programme from The Broadway on Thursday 14 March. Qasa Alom will present the show live from 10am to 12.30pm.
The One Show and Radio 1’s Newsbeat will also cover We Are Bradford throughout the week.
For more info about We Are Bradford follow #BBCWeAreBradford on social media.