A group of local businesses from a variety of industries have joined forces to lend a helping hand to others throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Offering free advice and guidance for businesses that are affected by the Coronavirus, the community has representatives from IT and cloud services, communications, PR and marketing, business finance, law, air and sea freight and many more.
Nikki Towler, joint founder of the Coronavirus Yorkshire Business Support Group, said: “We wanted to let struggling businesses know that they are not alone in this difficult time and that by working together and supporting each other, Yorkshire is strong enough to overcome COVID-19.”
What started as two businesses, virtualDCS and Fleek Marketing, wanting to make a difference has now turned into a coalition of businesses supporting each other. Many of which are offering their paid-for services for free to others during this difficult time.
Nikki continued: “The LinkedIn and Facebook groups have only just gone live but they are already attracting plenty of traffic, and we’re receiving very positive feedback. It’s very rewarding for everyone involved as the aim has always been to provide the local business community with an easily accessible place for practical help and advice.”
As part of the movement, the following organisations are currently offering free business advice, with more to be announced:
- virtualDCS, the Cloud Computing Experts have opened its technical support lines to organisations with questions and concerns around remote working. They are also offering a free 6-month Microsoft Teams subscription to help employees collaborate remotely.
- Fleek Marketing who specialises in internal and external communications, digitalisation and marketing are helping businesses adapt to the current situation, offering companies free virtual consultations with complimentary advice on marketing and communications.
- ABL Business has created a COVID-19 Business Helpline for commercial finance questions in relation to Coronavirus and the impact on UK businesses.
- Nimbox is offering an extended 30-day trial to businesses that need access to a secure file sharing solution.
- Winston Solicitors LLP is a forward-thinking law practice helping businesses with their urgent employment law questions.
- Candid PR is offering companies free, tailored advice about how they can generate positive media coverage and communicate successfully using social media during the crisis, as well as providing a free proof reading service for businesses issuing communications to their staff, clients, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Bradford based air and sea freight specialist, Corvus, is advising businesses on minimising disruption for their imports and exports, as well as drawing up alternative routes and transport solutions to circumnavigate grounded flights and closed borders.
If you’d like to join the fast-growing group, search for the ‘Coronavirus Yorkshire Business Support Network’ on Facebook and LinkedIn. More industry experts are joining daily and members putting forward free services to aid local businesses.