The Christmas silly season is well and truly upon us. Christmas markets are open, Christmas work dos are underway and the festive feeling is kicking in. And what’s better than a Christmas cocktail to get you into the yuletide spirit and party the night away? A Christmas cocktail that can also blow the Christmas party hangover away, that’s what.
The Espresso Martini has long been the go-to coffee cocktail but this year it’s time for a change. Coffee experts Bottleshot and cocktail specialists Tan Dowr have created the Christmas Cold Brew Curer and the Irish Cream Cold Brew. Both concoctions are simple to make, with just a handful of ingredients and no cocktail shaker needed, blending classic festive flavours with traditional hangover curing ingredients.
Perfect to get you into the spirit for the night of, or the morning after your Christmas shindig!
Christmas Cold Brew Curer
This easy to make Christmas cocktail offers the ultimate morning after pick-me-up by combining proven hangover busting ingredients with festive flavours. The Christmas Cold Brew Curer contains two key ingredients for a hangover cure; caffeine and electrolytes (salt), and two classic festive flavours; gingerbread and cinnamon.
Fever Tree Aromatic tonic water contains aromatic botanicals, such as cardamom, pimento berry and ginger, bringing further subtle spiced flavours and warmth. Whilst Bottleshot’s signature ‘Coffee Black’ offers a caffeine kick to dust off the Christmas party cobwebs, with Tan Dowr Sea Salt Vodka adding salt to replenish electrolytes and enhance the coffee flavour – washing away any hangover you may have after a heavy festive frolic.
- 125ml Bottleshot ‘Coffee Black’
- 30ml Vodka (preferably Tan Dowr Sea Salt Vodka)
- 10ml Gingerbread syrup
- Splash of Fever Tree Aromatic Tonic Water
- 1 Sprinkle of cinnamon dust
- Pour and stir the vodka and gingerbread syrup over ice
- Add Bottleshot Coffee Black
- Add splash of Aromatic Tonic Water and stir lightly
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top for added warmth
Irish Cream Cold Brew
Oh, the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful! This sweet treat is the perfect rich and creamy caffeine drink to help get into the festive mood. It’s all very straightforward, a mix of iced Bottleshot Cold Brew Oak Milk Coffee, flavoured with a dash of Irish cream simple syrup, and topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
The strong taste of the Oat Milk cold brew pairs perfectly with the Irish cream syrup and whipped cream, without being overly sweet. This is definitely a festive treat, but you can of course enjoy it all year round!
- 3/4 of Bottleshot Oat Milk
- 1 heaped tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 X 300 ml of fresh double cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 shots of Irish cream liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Combine cold heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean paste (or extract) in a cold bowl. Using an immersion blender or handheld mixer, whip the cream until it has soft peaks, about one minute if you’re making one cream serving (up to 5 minutes if you’re making a big batch)
- Add ice cubes and two pumps of Irish cream liqueur to a cold tall glass
- Pour Bottleshot cold brew Oat Milk into the glass, filling it about ¾ full
- Using a spoon, top the whipped cold foam cream into the glass until it is full
- Garnish the glass with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and enjoy!
Bottleshot is available online and direct from Bottleshot, as well as at Amazon Prime, Whole Foods, WHS and Ocado. It can also be found at London’s prestigious Soho House, where it is the exclusive cold-brew provider.