A babymoon is a chance for parents-to-be to enjoy a final child-free getaway before nappy changes and pushchairs take over.
To help you choose the perfect babymoon getaway, Flowercard has ranked destinations across the UK, based on factors such as the number of romantic hotels, restaurants, and couple activities, to create the ultimate babymoon index and reveal the UK’s best babymoon destinations.
The Lake District takes the top spot for the best place for couples to enjoy a getaway before their little bundle of joy arrives, scoring 7.75 out of 10. With the highest proportion of things to do as a couple (62.72 per 100,000) and romantic restaurants galore (46.85 per 100,000 people) it is no wonder the Lake District ranks so highly.
If you’re looking to completely drop off the grid for your babymoon, Inverness could be the perfect place for your mini-break. Taking the second spot on the list, with a score of 5.94 out of 10, Inverness has over 81 romantic hotels per 10,000 people to
Taking the medal for third is the Peak District (5.9 out of 10), one of the UK’s most visited national parks. Spanning around 555 square miles, you can easily spend a week getting lost in the Peak District for your babymoon.
Although failing to make the top spots, three Yorkshire destinations have made the list with the North York Moors in 4th place, the Yorkshire Dales in 6th and the city of York at number 30.
- The Lake District is home to the most romantic hotels – 360.93 per 100,000 people
- The Lake District has the most things to do for couples – 62.72 per 100,000 people
- The Lake District has the highest number of romantic restaurants – 46.85 per 100,000 people
- Manchester offers the cheapest 3 star hotel room – £60 per night
- The Peak District has the cheapest 4 star hotel rooms – £100 per night
You can view the full research, including the full 35 ranked babymoon destinations by clicking here.