With retailers battling with online queues of over two hours and many customers struggling to find delivery slots until late April, now is a great time to consider supporting independent businesses who offer delivery services and subscription boxes.
Farmison & Co
Online businesses like the ethically-founded butchery Farmison & Co are determined to keep providing fresh food to customers up and down the country and have made the necessary adjustments to keep up with demand and deliver the goods to their customers. It’s ‘business as usual’ for the premium supplier, as the team are working around the clock to continue to offer next day delivery* of their plentiful meat boxes (both subscription and non-subscription options available) for home cooking and freezing. They have even fashioned a self-isolation plan so that all boxes are being delivered with no signature required and a ‘safe place’ option for customers to pick themselves.
Browse the website and shop the widest range of cuts in the UK here. Alternatively, opt for a subscription ‘Eat Better Meat Box’.
Please see listed below a range of meatbox subscription options for singles, couples and families alike. The contents in Farmison & Co’s subscription boxes change every 4 weeks to offer variety and give you the opportunity to try some of the lesser known cuts – the subscription boxes with the below selection are available from Friday 20th March:
The Eat Better Meat Box from Farmison & Co, Classic: £50
This box will contain enough free-range meat for approximately thirty potions, which makes it a savvy choice for singles looking to freeze produce or families needing to provide for large groups. The contents could be used for 15 meat-based meals for the incredible value of £1.66 per meal.
The Classic meatbox contains minced pork, lamb chops, chicken koftas, beef silverside joint, espelette chicken, belly pork steaks and flat iron steaks.
The Eat Better Meat Box from Farmison & Co, for Couples: £36.50
This slightly cheaper option is perfect for couples who want to prepare their food together and plan out their week. This box contains enough produce for twenty portions, meaning that it can supply a couple with ten meals at the value of £1.82 per meal.
The Couples Meat Box contains minced pork, minced beef, lamb chops, chicken koftas, beef silverside joint and a variation of chicken thighs.
The Eat Better Meat Box from Farmison & Co, for Families: £75
Feed the whole family on a top-quality selection of grass-fed and organic meat: this box contains enough meat for approximately 40 portions and can supply a family of 4 with 10 meat-based meals and the wonderful value of £1.75 per meal.
The Family Meat Box contains minced pork, lamb chops, beef silverside joint, espelette chicken, flat iron steaks, pork saltimbocca, diced chicken thigh and leg of lamb on the bone.
Recipes to whip up with your delivery box
Need a little inspiration for some simple and delicious recipes to cook at home? Using the items from their favourite meat boxes above, they’ve pulled together some tasty dishes that are nice and easy to whip up from the comfort of your own home.
From Chilli Con Carne that’s perfect for batch cooking and freezing – to a seven-hour Bordelaise style leg of lamb recipe that’ll roast away perfectly in the oven whilst you’re catching up on your favourite Netflix series – you can find all the food-spiration you need, below:
- Beef Ragout: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/cook-beef-mince-ragout
- Chilli Con Carne: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/make-chilli-con-carne
- Pork Meatballs with Tomato & Thyme Sauce: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/pork-mince-balls-with-tomato-and-thyme-sauce
- Jerk Chicken Thighs: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/cook-jerk-chicken-thighs
Belly Pork Steaks
- Sweet cured belly pork steaks with baked beans: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/how-to-make-sweet-cured-belly-pork-steaks-baked-beans
Leg of Lamb
- Bordelaise Style Leg of Lamb: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/how-to-cook-bordelaise-style-seven-hour-leg-of-lamb
Flat Iron Steaks
- Flat Iron Beef Steak Stir Fry: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/flat-iron-beef-steak-stir-fry
- Charred Lamb Chops with Garlic, Rosemary & Mint Butter: https://www.farmison.com/community/recipe/how-to-make-charred-lamb-chops-garlic-rosemary-mint-butter