A gin company has written a guide to help gin drinkers on lockdown to indulge their passion without pickling their livers.
York Gin’s guide includes:
- A gin crossword by fellow gin company Sipsmith
- Reading about the history of gin by gin geeks, Gin Foundry
- Reading gin jokes, puns and quotes in a collection they’ve gathered together
- Joining a live gin quiz on Facebook at 6pm (gin o’clock) on Friday facebook.com/yorkgin
- Learning about cocktails by reading Difford’s Guide, the barman’s bible
Says York Gin co-founder Emma Godivala: “It could be a struggle for a gin lovers not to turn to the bottle during the lockdown. So we’ve tried to find lots of gin-based activities that don’t actually involve drinking.
“Our message has always been to drink better gin – not to drink more.
“We hope this guide will help gin lovers to learn more about the spirit and fill in a few spare hours during lockdown.”