GamStop is a self-exclusion system for curbing and regulating excessive gambling activities by allowing the players an opportunity to remove themselves from engaging in online gambling for a certain period of time. Almost all the online casinos in Yorkshire and across the United Kingdom (UK) are associated with GamStop, which operates under the aegis of the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC). GamStop is a step towards responsible gambling, where the players are provided with an option for self-exclusion from online gambling sites, as regulated by operators authorized with the GamStop Scheme.
GamStop: An Introduction
GamStop was developed by The National Online Self Exclusion Scheme Limited (NOSES), a non-profit organization, in the year 2018 and was fully operational from 2020, in the United Kingdom (UK). GamStop is linked with online gambling platforms in the UK, England, Scotland, and Wales. GamStop is simple and convenient as it involves a one-time registration process offering different periods of self-exclusion to choose from.
What is the duration of the Self-Exclusion Period?
Generally, the self-exclusion period lasts for a fixed period of time, which is also known as the Minimum Exclusion Period. This duration can be of six months, one year, or five years. The expiry of the exclusion period, however, does not happen in an instant. Even more, CasinoGap.org found that some players are wondering how to gamble when on GamStop in the UK to get past self-exclusion. When a player registers on GamStop that player is asked to enter different types of personal details like name, address, email address, contact number, etc.
Is the Self-Exclusion period terminated automatically?
The process of deactivation takes about twenty-four hours to be completed, once the self-exclusion period is over. After the deactivation, the selected self-exclusion period ends automatically.
Can a player gamble after the Self-Exclusion Period is over?
It is found that at times, even after the completion of the self-exclusion period, the players are not allowed access to the gambling sites already previously registered. A player might not be able to log in to the online gambling sites after several attempts, as the player might still be excluded and is not permitted to enter the gambling sites, by the operator. This is problematic and creates confusion among players who wish to recommence playing at a responsible and affordable level.
How Can Player Gamble While on GamStop Self-Exclusion Period?
A player can choose from any one of the following methods to get rid of these problems faced after the completion of the GamStop self-exclusion period:
- The player can use (VPN) Virtual Proxy Network to bypass the GamStop self-exclusion scheme. Virtual Proxy Network involves the use of encryption to allow access of private networks to users across a public network. Therefore a player can easily log in to a gambling site blocked in a particular country by employing VPN.
- There are numerous non GamStop gambling sites like Slots Shine Casino, Orion Spins Casino etc. where casino games can be played and GamStop registration is not required. A player can enter these online gambling sites and play without any hesitation.
- In No-Verification online casinos, there is no need to enter personal details and a player can gamble instantly after entering these sites.
- One option for the players to bypass GamStop registration is by gambling at cryptocurrency-based online casinos. No further personal detail is needed to be entered on these sites.
- A player will be able to play safely during the GamStop self-exclusion period by opening accounts in the name of a friend or a family member should they have their permission to do so. However, the player should be cautious during the payment and may have to make payment using cryptocurrencies.
- The player can gamble by visiting the usual brick-and-mortar casino. This is one of the easiest ways to gamble while the GamStop Self-Exclusion Period is on.
- There is another option for the players, which is to wait till the Self-Exclusion period is over.
GamStop seems to be effective in regulating the habit of compulsive gambling amongst gamblers as the latest news says. However, many players are unable to enter the gambling sites after the self-exclusion period gets over and have to follow various difficult steps to regain access to the gambling sites. The proverb in English “Where there is a will, there is a way”, is true in every aspect, as there are multiple ways to bypass the GamStop Self-Exclusion period.