Two free, day-long events featuring the best in local beer, food and music
‘Sup with Sup, then?
After a tough couple of years for us all, Sup is offering the perfect opportunity for the community to come together and rally around local businesses with two free-entry, first-of-their-kind, family-friendly events. The festivals have been put together by Raven Staging, a Bradford-based events company, in collaboration with Bradford City Council. Both events will run from 12PM-10PM – on the 12th of March in Shipley Market Square and on the 19th of March in Bingley Market Square – and will be held under a weatherproof stretch tent to ensure any northern drizzles won’t dampen the celebrations.
Sup is part of a string of events happening across Bradford localities this spring as part of the council’s “Spring Back” campaign which aims to get local high streets humming again.
For Shipley, Sup has partnered with a long list of fan-favourite establishments:
- SALT Beer Factory (providing a range of their award-winning beers)
- The Triangle (providing an eclectic range of the best beers you’ve never tried)
- The Fox (providing their own Beespoke brews and featuring Shipley’s own Grumpy John’s cider)
- Cap and Collar (providing exceptional offerings from local brewers)
- Hullabaloo (providing a range of tasty Caribbean street food, along with a range of drinks to wash it down)
- Il Pirata X Mozza Fella (providing the best pizza team-up Bradford has ever seen, with a range of succulent slices to put those carb cravings to bed)
And, for Bingley, Sup has partnered with another array of local businesses:
- Wishbone Brewery (providing a mouth-watering combination of their cask and keg brews)
- Goose Eye Brewery (providing a delicious selection of their traditional cask beers)
- Bini Brewery (Bradford district’s new kids on the block, providing bone dry, easy-drinking, hazy beers.)
- The Peacock (providing sumptuous, freshly cooked Indian street food and a range of drinks.)
- The Triangle (joining us again, with their signature eclectic range)
- Il Pirata X Mozza Fella (the team-up returns, with their exceptional pizzas)
To keep us on our toes as we fill ourselves up on beer and food, Sup has partnered with an array of local DJs across both events who will be playing a mix of upbeat and soulful tunes to keep the crowds going into the evening.
Sup will be running a competition on their social media giving away on-the-day prizes at both events, including free food and drink for a couple of lucky punters. So make sure you follow @supbfd on Instagram and Facebook to ensure you don’t miss out.
Eddie Kean, Director of Raven Staging, said:
“I moved to Bradford when I was 9 years old and my kids go to school in both Shipley and Bingley, so I’m especially excited to stage these events in my home valley and for my own community. The focus for these events is to kickstart the year and drive footfall to our highstreets by providing a platform to our local community of creators and entrepreneurs. Selecting our partners has been made that much easier by the world class quality of what’s on offer within the Bradford postcode. My hope is that the range of exceptional partners at these events will generate an equally great turnout from our local community. If Sup can provide a small celebratory salve for the difficulty we’ve all endured over the past few years, I’ll be a happy man. I look forward to raising a glass to us.”
Councillor Alex Ross-Shaw, Portfolio Holder for Regeneration, Planning and Transport, said:
“I’m really pleased we’ve been able to fund so many great events taking place across the district and in our towns and villages. I’m particularly pleased to see so many wonderful local businesses taking the opportunity to showcase their offer and I’m sure it’ll be a great day out for everyone.”
So, get the dates in your diaries, round up the family and get ready to sup in celebration of local enterprise, the fantastic resilience of our local hospitality industry and our ability to get together again once more.
Full details of all the events being held as part of the council’s Spring Back campaign can be found here.
Raven Staging is a Bradford-based events company that specialises in bespoke and off-the-shelf staging, sound, lighting and ancillary solutions to a wide range of clients.