What better way to get in the festive mood than a Gin Tasting in one of the UK’s most Christmassy cities?
The Sparkly York Gin Christmas Tasting is a festive, fun, fascinating and sparkly treat in beautiful 16th Century surroundings.
The ‘Fairytale of Old York’ Christmas cocktail (with edible gold leaf) welcomes customers who will go on to taste six different gins – and can enjoy a festive Chocolate & Orange G&T at the end.
Here’s what you get with the hour-long York Gin Christmas Tasting:
- A deep red cocktail with York Gin, Grenadine and lime juice cocktail, with shimmering sugar crystals and sparking gold leaf gilding the rim of its ‘Nick & Nora’ Martini glass.
- Taste the whole range of six award-winning York Gins and learn to taste gin like a professional.
- Learn about the history of gin and York Gin’s history: the stories and myths are fascinating.
- Enjoy a full festive G&T as your final drink (one of the gins is York Gin Chocolate & Orange – inspired by Terry’s Chocolate Orange, invented in York).
- At the end, a 10% discount on purchases – there are some lovely Christmas gifts in the shop!
Says York Gin co-founder Emma Godivala:
“York has one of the country’s most popular Christmas markets, and we have round-the-year Christmas shops.
“The people of York also have more fairy lights and baubles than most other cities. And now we’ve unearthed the true spirit of Christmas – gin!
“We’re not sure what the Pogues will make of the ‘Fairytale of Old York’ – but we’re happy to make a batch for Shane McGowan if he’d like a taste.”
The Gin Tastings run on Monday, Friday and Saturdays from 6:30 to 7:30pm in the York Gin Shop, 12 Pavement, York, YO1 9UP.From 6 November to 20 December. £40 per person in advance at yorkgin.com/events